Thursday, January 20, 2011

Fading Memories

Heres to the memories we wish we could forget
The ones filled with suffering and regret
To the times we wish they would just go away
But instead when you close your eyes, their here to stay.


Maybe one day time will let them fade
Consumed by the darkness and hidden from the day
Does life get a kick out of watching me bleed
For when I close my eyes that vision is all I see


Crystal clear tear drops never cease to fall
Their a sign I still remember it all
Memories are fickle little things
They'll convert your mind and trust me they will win


The images never go away
The thoughts, my dear, will haunt you night and day
Don't think for a second that your feelings will start to behave
They'll stay with you, like the memories, till the day you take them to your grave

No comments:

Post a Comment